Happy 2021 my friends! January kicks off our Happy Throw CAL! I thought we could change it up this year and do something a little out of the ordinary. Let’s crochet a Happy Throw and keep a smile on our face. I am excited to be starting this one with you! The Happy Throw is completely unique to you! It’s like a physical representation of your life in yarn! FUN!!
What’s a Happy Throw you ask? Well let me give you the scoop. In a way you could say the Happy Throw is like a “Mood” project of sorts. But…The Happy Throw is designed to keep a smile on our face and our hearts full of love. Each day we will work one row, so at the end of the year you have a beautiful throw that keeps you smiling. There are a few options to working this crochet along. You can either choose several colors that makes you happy, just one color that puts a smile on your face OR you can choose a variegated yarn that makes you happy every time you see it. Typically we would work this throw based on how happy you are that day. However, I understand that in some cases you may not want to change colors every single day. So I will leave that part up to you. Remember this blanket is Your happy space. Easy peasy, right?
My goal is for this throw to keep us in our happy place as much as possible. Each time you work on it your colors should make you smile and remember you are Loved.
Here is the break down to prepare:
- Bookmark this page for complete details!
- Choose your yarn, color(s) palette and assign a HAPPY range to each color. If you are using more than one color. (See my palette below.)
- (Highly Recommended) Grab your journal to jot down your happiness daily or create a note section on your smart device. Either way keep track of your daily happiness.
- Follow the hashtag #ACHAPPYTHROW2021 to see everyone’s progress. Don’t forget to post and tag your own WIPs throughout 2021! I love seeing them!
>> PIN IT FOR LATER! YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT! <<<
Here’s a brief summary of how we are going to do it in 2021
- We are going to make a gorgeous crochet throw that puts a smile on your face.
- We will stitch up one row per day. Each week I will provide a stitch for you to use.
- If you get a few weeks behind, you can easily catch up, as the rows are quick and easy to whip up.
- I will also provide monthly updates on the progress of the throw throughout the year. At the very end of the year, we will review the whole year and add a simple edging if you wish!
>>> PURCHASE THE AD-FREE PDF HERE <<< (Once CAL is complete)
Basic Material Requirements
What colors? Choose colors that puts a SMILE on your face! I have put together a color palette using Red Heart dreamy and Bernat Pop! (shown below).
You can select your own yarns and colors! (SMILE) 🙂
My Yarn ~ Crochet Throw
Here I chose Bernat Pop! in Hot Chocolate. I chose this one because it makes me think of a vanilla latte’ (which is my FAVORITE!) and hot chocolate. These colors make me think of our time camping during the cooler months. Sitting by the campfire drinking our favorite warm beverage and relaxing while enjoying each others company.
Here I chose Red Heart dreamy in Dark Taupe, Ivory and Rose to help spark your creative side. There’s just something about these colors that make me smile.
Another great thing about this crochet along is, you get to use up your stash! You don’t have to run to the store or wait endlessly by the door for your yarn order to arrive. How awesome is that? I mean unless you just need an excuse to buy new yarn. LOL
Hook and Notions
Size Hook: I (5.5mm), scissors, stitch markers and blunt needle, tape measure
Share the love, add to Favorites, and Queue on Ravelry
For assistance and sharing your progress
- Join the American Crochet Group on Facebook!
- Share your progress on Instagram using #ACHAPPYTHROW2021
- Join the American Crochet Ravelry Group
Happy Throw Check In Links
(Each week I will post the new link)
January 11 ~ Part One
January 18 ~ Part Two
January 25 ~ Part Three
February 1 ~ Part Four
February 8 ~ Part Five
February 15 ~ Part Six
February 22 ~ Part Seven
March 1 & 8 ~ Eight & Nine
March 15 ~ Ten
March 22 & 29 ~ Eleven & Twelve
April 5 ~ Thirteen
December 27 – Edging
December 31 – Last Check In
Save this CAL to your crochet boards on Pinterest!